Still maintaining 4.0 after 3rd Course!

     Like the Boston song, "It's been such a long time". Sorry it's been a while since my last blog, but I am still working hard staying on track with college. Sometimes life throws us curves, and my curve has been being in pain with sciatica to the point of being out under short term disability from work. The meds have made my thinking process a bit garbled, so I've not been keeping up with my blog because of that.
     On to better news. I was happy to complete English Comp 1, and much happier with my final grade of 97.03%! By the end of the course though, I nicknamed my professor the "Commakaze", because she marked off my sentences with missing commas way too much! How much is too much? I've been reading articles and blogs regarding this, and the consensus is that the comma is misused or overused. In my opinion, overuse of a comma in a long sentence can make the sentence confusing or irritating for your reader to read. I am hoping for English Comp 2, I can get better feedback from what I hope is a new professor for clarification and not just a standard "by the book" answer. Does anyone else feel the same about overuse of the comma in sentences? Let me know what you think! 
     My current class is "Computer Literacy", so maybe I'll get a little break from "Comma,dy Central" and the "Commakaze" saying, "No sentences for YOU!" I'm already into the second week of this class, and feel the course weeks will go by quicker than the last one.
     As always, take care my bloggettes! And if you are reader who lives in a cold state experiencing true winter, keep warm and be safe! ***  ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My degree is just around the corner!

1st Course complete, into 2nd Course (Psych 202)!

It's been such a long time...