My degree is just around the corner!



Hello Everyone!



     It has been a long while since I have posted, but that's only because of being so busy with college, working full-time, and taking care of family/house/bills/life! You know, the regular Mom stuff that all mom's in college have to juggle on a daily. We rarely get any down time, right?



     I am only two full classes away from completing my degree - YAY!! I am super excited to be graduating this fall at Ashford University in San Diego - October 14, 2018 Sunday. It's time to order my cap and gown! I will be graduating with honors as I have consistently been on the Dean's List since I was first able to qualify. I say this is quite an accomplishment for my age! (I'm STILL 29, LOL!)  I already have the plane tickets paid for, the AirBNB house rented and mostly paid for, and 10 days vacation scheduled from work! Can you tell I'm excited? La Jolla, California, here I come!



     What I have learned is that the closer I get to my degree the more impatient I am in dealing with my current job situation because I really WANT to be working in a job that's geared towards my degree and not STUCK in the job that I despise. Have any of you encountered this?



     My student advisor at Ashford U. has been very patient and helpful getting me through these last few months; she's been a blessing. I'm about ready to hit her up again to go over a few more last details about graduation. Then I will need to also talk with my financial advisor because I will have to start paying on my college loan by next August 2019. I made a few mistakes about the money that I need to clear up. Here's a BIG tip: IF you are offered a stipend, put that money aside to pay back your loan because that stipend money is tacked on with your tuition that you end up paying back at the end. So what should have been $40,000 is now closer pay back of $57,000 for me. Also, see if where you work offers a tuition reimbursement program, and if so, snag that money up from the beginning and put that money aside as well to pay back. Better yet, when you get the money/monies, go ahead and pay towards your loan, whoever your loan is done with. Mine is through Nelnet.



     Thank you for reading my blog and keeping up with my journey! And as usual, if you have any questions or anything you want to share, just reply!



Take care!

Tina Marie ~ #AshfordFall2018


Comments

  1. I'm excited for you. I have 5 classes to go and I'll be where you are! Your right, the closer you get to graduation the more anxious you get. I'm next and YAY! for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's exciting to be just around the corner rounding third and heading for home, isn't it? I am in my last class now, so only 4-1/2 weeks left!
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I am just seeing this message! Thank you for responding! Do you also go to Ashford? And best of luck to you in finishing your journey too!

    Take care,
    Tina Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st Course complete, into 2nd Course (Psych 202)!

It's been such a long time...